Through plan design, the Interface Gateway™ removes the silos around mental/behavioral healthcare (M/BH) treatment whereby a unique disease management program is created.
One number to call for all M/BH issues.
- Treatments are more effectively managed
- Outcomes are improved
- More cases are resolved under the EAP sessions
- Excessive claims for M/BH treatment are eliminated
Want to see the tip of the iceberg? Compare the number of members under your health plan who filled scripts for M/H drugs to the number who utilized your EAP for M/BH issues. That data will show you just one disconnect that is occurring.
Mental health parity is here to stay (it is a federal law passed separate from the ACA). Therefore, the ongoing exposure to excessive claims for M/BH treatment (under parity) is reason enough to implement the Interface Gateway™. However, there are many other areas impacted when M/BH is not properly treated:
- Increase in medical spending for chronic medical conditions
- Increase in substance use disorders
- Decrease in productivity
- Increase in emotional instability that impacts decision making
- Increase in disability and workers comp claims
In partnership with the employer, the Interface Gateway™ is the most comprehensive program for improving outcomes and controlling treatment costs related to M/BH conditions. Personalized medicine for M/BH includes optimization of therapeutic drug use and pharmacogenetic testing.